Thursday 17 February 2011

Sister - Rosamund Lupton

When Beatrice’s gets a phone call that her Sister Tess is missing, she takes the first flight home to find her. When her body is found the police investigation concludes it is Suicide but Beatrice is not convinced. She goes on a journey to find out the truth behind her sisters death and is stunned to discover how little she knows about her sister’s life or the circumstances surrounding her death.

A compelling, thrilling read



Read – This book has been on my wish list for a while because it looked really interesting. I borrowed it from work (I work in a library)

I loved this book, I found it fast paced, thrilling and I couldn’t put it down. I have been reading a lot of light reads recently, or commercial books which appeal to a wider audience. This book was a little more in depth, but without loosing that easy to read story line, which was quite gripping. The style of writing flows very nicely and you don’t feel lost or confused with the story like other books I have previously read. There are also lots of twists and turns in this story and its not very predictable, so you never know what’s coming next. You have your suspicions of the story but I really didn’t predict the ending as it was. She also makes you feel really involved with the characters and you really understand (mostly) what they are feeling and what they are going through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment