Sunday 12 June 2011

Spellbound - Jane Green

Alice marries the hunk of the high school, after bumping into him a few years later. He's rich, he's gorgeous, and he is also cheating on her.  After moving to America to start again, can he put the past behind him and be the Husband he's meant to be, or does he succumb to the life he lead before.  And Alice, what becomes of Alice?
Why Read? - Once in a while I like to read these trashy chick lit books, to break up the genres that I read, and because sometimes I read heavy books or ones that are thought provoking, sometimes I like to just indulge.

This story did exactly as I expected. It was great to read as I didn't have to think about plot, their is no depth to a story like this.  It was very predicable, as you knew how the story was going to pan out from the beginning.  However it had me hooked enough to read to the end.  I quite enjoyed it for what it is, and makes a change to read this trashy novels in the mix of the other genres of books I read.

This story was written from a Third-Person perspective. You are being narrated the story as someone watches tier lives unfold. This worked in this novel as you got to see what things were like for every one else, i.e what her husband was up to.  It also meant that she could wrap this book up in a nice conclusion. I.e in the end Alice did this, Joe (her husband) did that, etc.

Overall this book was ok, not a great bit of literacy skills involved. But it did its job of being a nice easy, quick read, that got me hooked enough to read it quickly and get through it, and being a book that you didn't have to use much brain power at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment