Wednesday 5 October 2011

The Snowman - Jo Nesbo

A young boy wakes to find his mother missing. Their house is empty but outside he sees his mothers favourite scarf - wrapped around a snowman.  Harry Hole, the leading detective finds an alarming number of wives and mothers have gone missing over the years and he finds himself searching for a serial killer.


Why read - This was one of those books I have seen loads of people read, and have been curious. Is it as good as they say it is, and could it match up to the Steig Larsson.

I found this book slow to start, and it took me a while to get into this novel. BUt once in I was hooked, the pace of the book seemed to pick up as it went along.  I don't usually pick up this type of novel and I think not having read much hindered me at first to this book.

After completing this book, I realised how clever it was. Its one of those good crime novels where they put clues throughout but they are so subtle you cannot tell that they are their until you finish the book. Their are some very key paragraphs in the opening chapters of this novel that as you are reading it you don't quite make the link to the end. And for that i think this novel should be highly praised.

In Regards to the next Steig Larson - I think the only links to Larsson are they are both from the same country and they write Crime thrillers. And thats where the comparison ends.

Overall I would recommend this book is well worth a read, especially if you love crime thrillers and you loved Larsson's book. It was a very good read and I found it difficult to put down.

No comments:

Post a Comment