Thursday 28 June 2012

Before I Go to Sleep - S J Watson

Memories define us. So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep? Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love - all forgotten overnight. And the one person you trust may only be telling you half the story. Welcome to Christine's life.



I was expecting a thriller and to be on edge with this book, but i was a little disappointed.  Their was a slow suspense build up but it was not as scary as i thought it would be and with the build up the ending turned a little predictable. The reader kind of figured out what was going on before it was reveled in the plot. It was recommended to me that the ending was unexpected and it was really scary but I was left disappointed and thought it might have been better than it was.

 I have also read similar stories before - amnesiacs with a trouble past and secrets hidden, but i feel this was a better written book and was a little more gripping. But I'm not sure if this spoiled it a bit for me.

However i really enjoyed the book and I really could not put it down. It was well written, picking up pace as it went and really gripping. It got into the characters mindset quite well and could build up the story behind what was going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment