Monday 29 August 2011

Wyrd Sisters - Terry Pratchett


The sixth "Discworld" novel. The witches of Discworld, not the most joyful bunch, decide that they must get involved in the politics of the planet. Granny Weatherwax, their obvious choice as spokesperson, finds that life in royal politics is not as simple as it seems.
Why Read – I know a few people who love Terry Pratchett, and I know I have tried similar novels previously. I wanted to read one of his books to test his style and this one was recommended as a good start.

I can see why people love Terry Pratchett, his books are easy to read, interesting and he has a great witty style of writing. I love his play on words, and twists on our 'normality.' This book was no exception, it was easy to read, great fun to get into and keeps the reader amused. However i'm not sure this genre is for me. I love to try and get into fantasy but sometimes I find it difficult thinking along the lines he does. I found myself struggling to keep my mind from wondering from this book. However I do think this was defiantly more to do with me than the book. I think its a great book and it should be read by fans of this genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment